Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wordless Wednesday- Summer goodies.


Well, summer has finally arrived here in Northern California. After a period of what seemed like forever filled with rain and gloomy skies the sun has finally found us. With our second beautiful day in a row and no specific plans I sent my son out to play and took some time to preserve an early summer favorite...Cherries!
Thanks to my mom's neighbor sharing!

I washed and pitted (until my fingers were stained, note to self maybe some gloves next time)

Chopped, I cheated and used my fun new manual food processor.

Processing!

And Done! I love the "Pop" of the lid!

I have never done cherries so I followed this recipe http://www.pickyourown.org/cherry_preserves.htm.
I did sample the final product directly out of the pot and I have to say...YUMMY!
I love being able to preserve, share and eat fresh fruits and veggies all year long. What's one of your favorite Summer things?

3 comments:

  1. This is something I have never done! It does look yummy.
    Stopping over from WW blog hop. Enjoy your day.

    Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to answer your question. Hmmm- favorite summer things(relating to food0- picking my own veges from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    Thanks for stopping in! Enjoy those delicious veggies.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete